What is coming out?
Telling other people about your gender, sexual, or romantic identity, or that you are questioning your identity.
How do I come out to people?
You can find good advice on about coming out on these pages:
- The Trans Non-binary and Questioning Coming Out Guide for Young People
- Coming Out on the Umbrella Cymru website
- Coming Out Stories from the LGBT Foundation
- Coming Out on the Childline website
- Coming Out Guidance for Young People from Cara-Friend
You do not have to come out to anyone else, and if you do choose to, you can choose when you want to do it.
Where can I get support to plan coming out to people?
If you want to talk through coming out before you do it, some places you can contact for help are:
This page is illustrated using a photograph by Lisett Kruusimäe available at Pexels.
Errors and omissions
Is there something missing from this page? Have you spotted something that isn't correct? Please tweet us or message us on Facebook to let us know, or file an issue on GitHub.