What is rhinoplasty?
Surgery to change the appearance of the nose.
What does rhinoplasty do?
Changes nose shape
Who can have rhinoplasty?
There is no defined age limit, but most surgeons will not operate on someone under 16, as the nose is still developing
How long does rhinoplasty last?
This treatment is permanent.
How do I stay safe?
To ensure you are receiving the safest possible treatment, you should follow this advice from the Care Quality Commission on how to choose cosmetic surgery.
Information for under 18s
There is no set lower age limit for cosmetic facial surgery. However, the General Medical Council recommend 1 that:
- Cosmetic surgeries must only be given to minors when it is in their best interests
- Even if you have capacity to consent, you will be encouraged to involve your parents in the decision
- If you do not want to have a cosmetic surgery, you should not have one, even if your parents consent on your behalf
- Cosmetic surgeries should not be marketed towards under 18s
Where can I learn more?
You can find more information about rhinoplasty on the NHS website.
- 1.General Medical Council (2016) “Guidance for doctors who offer cosmetic interventions.” Link
Errors and omissions
Is there something missing from this page? Have you spotted something that isn't correct? Please tweet us or message us on Facebook to let us know, or file an issue on GitHub.