In the UK, the NHS supports people who are changing things linked to gender through a set of specialist centres, usually known as “gender clinics”. You can access these for free if you are referred to one by your GP.

There are also a small number of private clinics, which you have to pay money to use, but which may have shorter waiting lists.

NHS specialist gender services

Private specialist gender services

More information

There is a detailed page on how to find an NHS gender clinic in England on the NHS Choices website.

Errors and omissions

Is there something missing from this page? Have you spotted something that isn't correct? Please tweet us or message us on Facebook to let us know.