General information for universities
Resources and information for supporting trans, non-binary and gender diverse applicants, students and staff in Further and Higher Education
Research Council Guidance on Supporting Transgender Employees in the Work PlaceUK Research and Innovation
Transgender awareness in child and family social work educationDepartment for Education
Supporting a student or member of staff who is transitioningEquality Challenge Unit
Trans staff and students in higher educationEquality Challenge Unit
We have a separate page of information for employers that gives advice on supporting your staff.
Example resources and policies
A number of universities have produced their own policies.
- Aberystwyth University
- City, University of London
- Imperial College London
- King's College London
- LSE - The London School of Economics and Political Science
- Leeds Beckett University
- Newcastle University
- Nottingham Trent University
- Oxford Brookes University
- Queen’s University Belfast
- Royal Holloway University of London
- The Open University: 1 2
- The University of Edinburgh
- The University of Nottingham
- The University of Warwick
- UCL - University College London: 1 2
- UWE Bristol: University of the West of England
- Ulster University
- University of Bedfordshire
- University of Birmingham
- University of Central Lancashire
- University of Derby
- University of Essex
- University of Kent
- University of Leeds
- University of London
- University of Oxford
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Southampton
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Sunderland
- University of Surrey
- University of West London
- University of Winchester: 1 2
- University of the West of England: 1 2
- York St John University: 1 2
- ual: university of the arts london
Some universities have active student organisations that specialise in supporting trans, non-binary, and gender diverse students. Here are some examples. We encourage you to consult with student organisations before creating new guidance or policies and before organising events related to gender diversity.
We provide representation and support to trans students at Durham University.
The twitter account for the @HuddersfieldSU Trans Campaigns. Currently run by Tristan Smith, NUS Trans Conference Delegate 17/18
the NUS' campaign for trans liberation. Ran by the Trans Officer, @JBPersonalBrand.
for trans & nonbinary students at the University of Manchester, working with @uomlgbq.
Errors and omissions
Is there something missing from this page? Have you spotted something that isn't correct? Please tweet us or message us on Facebook to let us know.